Islam

Islam

Friday 14 July 2017

Deeds that earn us the Prophet's companionship

Image result for Deeds that earn us the Prophet's companionship - Islam

Question

Could you please inform me of the four deeds that will bring us to be with the Prophet (peace be upon him) in Paradise? I think one of these deeds is caring for the orphan.

Answer

We certainly cannot restrict the deeds that bring us into the company of the Prophet (peace be upon him) to four. However, the following are four deeds which are mentioned in the Sunnah: 

1. Offering prayer often 

Rabî`ah b. Ka`b narrates: I was with Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) one night, and I brought him water and what he required. He said to me: "Ask (anything you like)". 

I said: "I ask to be in your company in Paradise." 

He said: "Or anything else besides that?" 

I said: "That is all." 

He said: "Then help me to achieve this for you by devoting yourself often to prostration." [Sahîh Muslim (489)] 

2. Cultivating good manners 

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The people whom I love the most among you and who will be sitting closest in my company are those who have the best manners.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (2018) – authenticated by al-Albânî and others] 

3. Sponsoring and caring for orphans 

Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “I and the one who looks after an orphan will be like this in Paradise," and he showed two fingers of his hand close together. [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (5304)]

4. A widows's devotion to her orphaned children 

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I and a woman whose cheeks were darkened will be in Paradise like this” – and he showed two fingers of his hand close together – “Though she had a high rank in the society and was beautiful, she instead devoted herself to raising her orphan children until they either grew up or died.” [Sunan Abû Dâwûd (5149) – however it has been declared to be weak by al-Albânî] 

And Allah knows best.

-islamtoday.net

No comments:

Post a Comment