Islam

Islam

Sunday 21 February 2016

Switching off a mobile/cell phone during prayer


Question

If my mobile/cell phone starts ringing while I am praying in congregation at the mosque, what should I do? Must I break off my prayer to switch it off? Is it possible for me to take out my mobile/cell phone and switch if off without nullifying my prayers?

Answer

You should take care to turn off your mobile/cell phone before entering the mosque. If you forget to do so and the phone rings while you are praying, then you should turn it off to avoid causing any disturbance to your fellow worshippers who are humbling themselves before Allah in prayer.

When switching off your mobile/cell phone, you must take care to use the least amount of movement possible. Such a small movement will not invalidate your prayer, because you are doing it for the benefit of the prayer.

And Allah knows best.

-islamtoday.net

No comments:

Post a Comment