Islam

Islam

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Evil thoughts pardoned if not acted upon or expressed

Image result for Malaysian muslims ladies backbiting

Question

I know that backbiting is a sin. However, when someone wrongs me or insults me, I cannot help harboring ill feelings towards that person and thinking bad thoughts about him. Am I punishable for this?

Answer

Allah will not hold us accountable for our innermost thoughts. Rather, we will be judged according to how we act upon those thoughts. 

Thinking ill of someone is not the same as speaking badly about them to other people. 

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah has pardoned my Ummah for what they speak in their minds as long as they do not act upon it or express it audibly. [Sahîh al-Bukhârî]

-islamtoday.net

No comments:

Post a Comment